Monday, July 7, 2008

Sacrifice to the Moving Gods

I've now looked through every box: we only had to sacrifice one white wine glass to the moving gods (i'm not counting the coffee mug Amanda broke between Mesa Verde and the house). Happy only one thing broke, but not thrilled that it was one of our GOOD glasses- as opposed to the set of 24 for 8 bucks from IKEA. So, we're patting ourselves on the back for being excellent packers. yeah.

Also, we now have internet- so we're officially plugged in. This also means Rob and I hang out in completely seperate parts of the house. Me in the living room/ kitchen and him out in Step Tech Headquarters (aka- above the garage). We text or IM to communicate. Is that sad? Maybe, but its kinda fun.

George Update: she's adjusted OK to the house, but I think now she's a tortured kitty- all she wants to do is go outside. And since we don't have a fence yet- that ain't gonna happen. So, she just sits at the windows that face the courtyard and whines. The one time she did get out, she ate some of the weeds in the yard, came back inside....and puked. Good times- thank god for concrete floors.


OK, that's it for now. I promise next time I'll have visual aids with the post. All text and no posts make for a boring Blog.

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

Congratulations, Rob and Lori! I seem to have tuned in at just the right moment--i.e., when you're finally THERE. You've certainly had practice moving--no wonder you're good at it.
The house looks amazing and your enthusiasm is contagious.
Let me know if either of you will pass through Boston before I pass through Austin (which won't be for quite a while!)
Priscilla

CarpDeeEm said...

I don't mind that there were no visual aids of George's weed-induced indigestion. ;-) Happy settling!

Anonymous said...

I need pictures.

Unknown said...

Hey guys! Sorry we kinda lost touch the past few years. Wow, Texas! Congrats on the new house. Glad to hear George(tte) is Ok. :)

-Jamie+Karen