Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dear Blog, I'm sorry for ignoring you,

but I have a good excuse...here's what we've been up to (starting with most recent):

1. Amelia's first trip to Texas: It was an excellent adventure. See pics below- she got to see Hamilton Pool (which I'd never seen), kayaking on Town Lake, and froze her butt off at Deep Eddy (oldest spring fed pool in Texas). A visit from the H-town girls overlapped w/ Amelia's visit- that involved a lot less swimming and a lot more drinking.

2. Pump Track Nation had its ground breaking party. All the Austin bike dudes (who all have Toyota pick ups) were here digging up the backyard, and riding around on bob cats. If you don't know what a pump track is, google it. It's a kind of bike track that gives you momentum w/out any peddling. I suck at explaining it, so I defer to Google.

3. Surfing on Lake Granger with T & T (Tim & Tracy). We went out for Tracy's 30th Bday. Surfing behind the WetSounds boat (not me, but Rob rocked, of course.)

4. Went to beautiful Beaumont, TX for my grandmother's bday. Good times- Ruby got to come with us, and we had burgers n tots from Sonic (as requested by G-ma) and drank wine from a box. yuuuummmm.

So with all this fun stuff, not much has changed on the house, and that's why there's no pictures of it. I'll save that for the next post.

k, enough writing...here are the pics: i'll post more pics later this week.














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob and Lori,

Great fun to see pics of the new house and hear you've got work and are loving the heat!

What's your new address?

Our best to both of you,

Nancy Dixon and Lisa Drapkin

Erika said...

what the heck??? where ya been?? I need new info- love your blog!